With the summers boiling your sanity away, a holiday somewhere cool and refreshing is all you want, isn’t it? While there are so many such places in India, you can never go wrong with Kerala. The state which is renowned for its enchanting natural beauty boasts of many Kerala Hill Stations which are what you need in your life right now.
So, let’s take a look at 5 of the best Kerala Hill Stations which hold the key to a chilly respite right in the midst of tropical summers in India.
Blessed with ample of nature’s gifts, Wayanad is the perfect Kerala Hill Station to spend your vacations. The mesmeric waterfalls, misty mountains and beautiful spice plantations are sure to refresh you from the inside out.
- Nearest airport: Karipur International Airport (Approx 100 km)
- Best time to visit: October to May
- Attractions: Pakshipathalam, Kuruva Island, Chembra Peak, Soochipara Waterfalls, Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary
- Where to stay: Vythiri Village Resort, Banasura Hill Resort etc.
The sprawling tea estates in this Kerala Hill Station is the highlight of the region that pulls tourists from near and far. The wonderful weather and the overall beauty of this popular travel destination is enough to rejuvenate you through and through.
- Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport (Approx 119 km)
- Best time to visit: October to November and January to may
- Attractions: TATA Tea Museum, Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam and
- Where to stay: KTDC Tea County, Windermere Estate
Ideal for those who believe in versatility in their holidays, Idukki is a spectacular Kerala Hill Station that offers plenty of activities for you to enjoy. From mountain trekking and elephant rides to visiting its wildlife sanctuaries and spice plantations, you will be spoiled for choice.
- Nearest airport: Madurai ( Approx 140 km)
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Attractions: Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, Idukki Arch Dam, Kalliyanathandu etc.
- Where to stay: Green Berg Resort
Ponmudi is filled with picturesque vistas with pretty winding roads that offer the perfect opportunity for a memorable road trip. Although lesser known, this quaint destination Kerala Hill Station is a splendid place alive with numerous mountain flowers, gorgeous butterflies and meandering rivulets.
- Nearest airport: Trivandrum International Airport (67 km)
- Best time to visit: January to March
- Attractions: Meenmutty waterfalls, Golden Valley, Peppara Wildlife Sanctuary etc.
- Where to stay: Golden Peak
Showcasing the wild side of this beautiful state, Thekkady is a famous Kerala Hill Station with a truly spectacular natural beauty. It offers ample of things to do, including exploring the exhaustive flora and fauna found in this region.
- Nearest airport: Madurai (140 km)
- Best time to visit: September to May
- Attractions: Vandanmedu, Murikkady, Kumily etc.
- Where to stay: Peppervine Hotels, Coffee Routes
Every traveller has Kerala on its bucket list. The immense beauty of this paradise is simply ecstatic, which does not leave any need of a reason for you to travel to the place. But surely, if you are on the lookout of a quick respite from the sultry summers, these Kerala Hill Stations are just the solution you seek.